Thursday, February 15, 2007

In Addition...

I'd like to add on slash comment on Pettinface's post.

Well, first of all, obviously since I'm not a Mac user, the ability for web sites to work with OSX isn't really important to me. But, in all honesty, I think it's a much bigger issue that it doesn't work with Firefox, as it is one of the biggest up and coming browsers.

Overall, yes, it was a bad decision to make it available to only IE, but I think that they'll change it soon enough. It's Walmart for Christ's sake. Regardless, if you, for some reason, will only support one browser on your site, of course IE is the choice. Probably not for much longer, since IE 7 sucks hard, but as of right now, it is the cream cheese on the bagel of internet browsing. I'm using it right now because I'm in class and this computer doesn't have Firefox on it. I should probably start paying attention, though, since the teacher is lecturing. Peace out nyuckas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

....wow, those web developers are stupid.
ok, so they're not the only people to make things ie only.
but Walmart is a big company, so regardless they should know better.
It's taught to those learning Web Dev. to be certain your websites work on all browsers. (yay for being web dev. major for one year!)
AS of Jan. 2007 the stats are as: IE7 13.3%, IE6 42.3%, IE5 3%, Firefox 31%, The Mozilla Suite (Safari, Konqueror, Gecko, Netscape)1.5%, Safari 1.7%, Opera 1.5%
Ok, so IE does pretty much own the market. But Firefox is steadily getting up there. And like you guys said, its a problem with amc users as well. if they at least made it compatible with FX things would go well. I use it every now and then on my mac because sinfest doesnt work properly in Safari. There are always going to be difference between broswers, and with W3 coming up with new standard for web developement (ie.- gettign rid of iframes, and in time, tables as well)
Regardless of the stats, there are people using all different broswers. so IE is used more than Firefox, what if the majority of walmart customers arent IE users? what then?
And you're right, IE 7 does suck hard, which is why stats are still leaning towards 6, haha.

Anyway, thats my semi-coherent intelligent comment/opinion/agreement on what you boys have to say.
If you're confused any, talk to me about it when i'm nto drunk :)

Pimpingill said...

Wow, that was an incredibly coherant and well written comment for being drunk, well done. And I agree with your, and Neee's add ons.